Base Lake Information:
PARK PAVILION RENTAL POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Thank you for selecting the Ramstein Base Lake recreation area for your activity. In order to provide a safe and clean atmosphere for your activity we ask that you follow these procedures:
Base Lake facilities can be reserved for groups and/or special events. Reservations must be made in person at the Outdoor Recreation facility. The POC will be responsible for completing the reservation form and paying the required cleaning deposit. The deposit is fully refundable if the area is left in the condition it was rented. Facility reservations may be made six months in advance not counting the current month (i.e. July reservations can be accepted beginning the first day in January).
DAY OF RENTAL
Ramstein Outdoor Recreation staff will conduct a pre-inspection of the facility and reservation area and mark as reserved. Ramstein Outdoor Recreation staff will be available for questions and provide assistance if needed.
BASE LAKE AND PICNIC AREA RULES
- Base Lake users must ensure that all areas are cleaned up prior to departure and trash is placed in the designated receptacles
- Patrons are not permitted to drive or park within the fenced Base Lake area without the approval of the Outdoor Recreation Director.
- Pets are permitted in the Base Lake recreation area but must be kept on a leash and under control at all times. Pet owners will be responsible for cleaning up after their pets.
- Swimming, wading, and associated in-water sports are prohibited at the Base Lake.
- Fishing and boating are not permitted at the Base Lake if not in conjunction with an organized Outdoor Recreation event.
- Alcohol is not permitted at the Base Lake.
- Overnight Camping and open campfires are not permitted at the Base Lake if not in conjunction with an organized Outdoor Recreation event. Designated grills are located throughout the area and are available for public use.
- The minimum age for unaccompanied youth is 10 years old. Children under the age of 10 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Guests must be accompanied by their sponsor at all times. The minimum age policy applies to sponsored guests.
PARK AND PICNIC AREA SHOULD BE LEFT IN CONDITION AS RENTED DEPOSIT
To limit abuse to park facilities we must collect a $25.00 refundable cleaning deposit. Outdoor Recreation personnel will clean, inspect, and prep the area the morning of your rental. The morning after your rental the area will be inspected by ODR staff. Any structural damage and/or excessive debris on grounds will be deducted from the deposit. It is imperative that you clean up the facility and surrounding area used, return tables to their original locations and remove ash and waste from facility grills. You will be called after the final inspection and will need to stop by the Outdoor Recreation facility to be issued your deposit refund.
The use of the Base Lake recreation area is a service provided by the 86th Force Support Squadron and the Outdoor Recreation Department. If you have to cancel or reschedule your event please contact Outdoor Recreation as early as possible so as to allow the time slot to be made available for reissue. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ramstein Outdoor Recreation at DSN 480-5705 or CIV at 06371-47-5705.
Outdoor Recreation Base Lake Reservation Form