Special Morale & Welfare Program Funds are non-appropriated funds designated to contribute to the overall morale and welfare of the military community. The requirement for obtaining these funds are simple;
- Be conservative.
- Be in the best interests of the Air Force.
- Benefit the military community.
- Not be limited to specific grades or levels of personnel.
- Requests must be made 12 days prior to the function date.
Organizational Parties & Picnics Funds are authorized to support social events restricted to unit level picnics & parties (no alcohol).
- Exercise care to assure all eligible personnel, to the extent possible, are able to attend.
- The function must include civilian members.
What We Offer
Most important: Contact 86 FSS/FSR, DSN 480-6035, as soon as possible when you have an SM&W request for specific guidance!
- Your request must be approved prior to the function date.
- Your request must be submitted 12 duty days prior to the function date to ensure plenty of time for the approval process.
- Include as many details as possible such as who is retiring, the type of light refreshment, and/or the number of military and civilians expected to attend. Guidance is provided for requesting SM&W Funding in AFMAN34-201.
- Confirm your SM&W request has been approved before spending money.
- Return all original receipts to 86 FSS/FSR for reimbursement no later than 5 working days after the function. Disbursement of cash will be issued the same day.
- Refreshments include a meat and cheese tray or items that were purchased in order to build a meal. Light refreshment under SM&W are defined as nonalcoholic beverages, (i.e. coffee, tea, milk, juice, punch, soft drinks, and water), yogurts, pastries, bagels, fruit, vegetable, cheese and cracker trays, pretzels, cookies, chips, dips, cake, and muffins are authorized. (heavy hors d’oeuvres which could constitute a meal and are not authorized).
- Light refreshments cost $3 per person attending. Light refreshments are limited to $3 per person attending with exception of retirements (see guidance for maximum limits).
- Retirement memento regarding a Flag purchase. NAF funds do not reimburse for a Flag for retirements. Check with your Squadron/Group Resource Advisor for Appropriated Funds available.
- Funds were requested for an Officers’ Call. SM&W requests must NOT be limited to specific grades or levels of personnel.
- Cake cutting fees on Catering Contract. SM&W does not pay for cutting/plating fees for cakes, china, silverware/flatware, tablecloths, plates, glasses, punch bowls and cups, chafing dishes, serving trays, coffee urns, etc.
- Memento for Distinguished Visitor. SM&W is not authorized.
Hours of Operation
MON – FRI 08:30 – 17:00
WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS Closed
Sandra D. Johnson, Financial Operations Assistant
Org. Email – email@example.com
DSN 480-6035 – CIV 06371-47-6035
Bldg. 2118, Room 219