Auto Hobby & Car Wash
Auto Hobby Open Hours
Automatic Car Wash Open Hours
Self-Help Wash Bay & Vacuums Open Hours
Ramstein Air Base, DE
(Walk-ins starting at 0900, first come, first serve)
Ramstein Air Base, DE
Sun-Mon & Holidays: Closed
Outside the Ramstein East Gate, turn right, located on the right hand side.
Everything a car enthusiast needs can be found at one of the auto facilities.
- 7 self help repair bays to perform work on POV’s
- Snap-on boxes in each bay
- Oil changes, tire changes, and tire rotation/balance – performed by mechanics
- An automatic car wash
- 4 self help vacuums
- 1 self help car wash bay
- 6 vehicle lifts
- Brakes lathe
- Hydraulic press
We have ASE Certified technicians on staff for your vehicle needs:
- Maintenance and Light Repair Services
- Check Engine Light & Drivability
- Starting/Charging & Battery Diagnostics
- Minor Electrical
- A/C Diagnostic and Service
- Steering/Suspension & Alignment
- Chassis & Brakes
- Automotive parts store with European and Domestic parts available on special order.
PLEASE NOTE: Speak with our experienced service consultants to set up an appointment for troubleshooting & repairs, but walk-ins are also welcome!
- Option to dispose of unwanted/unneeded vehicles
- Pull parts from vehicles to repair personal POVs.
- Vehicle towing
- PLEASE NOTE: along with all services listed, from the 1st to the 15th of each month we have a bid cycle for serviceable vehicles that are turned in to the yard.
Vehicle Disposal Policy Ramstein Auto Recycling
If you would like to dispose of your vehicle please follow these steps:
- Visit the Ramstein Auto Recycling Center, Bldg 5122 Ramstein Air Base.
- Present both copies of the USAREUR POV Registration/Title Certificate (by the owner/or designee as stated by an official power of attorney).
- After ownership is verified the on-duty attendant will stamp both copies of the vehicle registration. One copy will be given back to the owner and the other copy remains on file with Ramstein Auto Recycling Center.
- You will then receive a copy of the AF Form 190-IZ-R (Certification of Release/Donation of POV). This form is the customer’s documentation showing authorized disposal of the POV.
- Pay the $30.00 vehicle disposal fee. The Ramstein Auto Recycling Center charges a $30.00 disposal fee to offset the cost of expenses associated with final disposal. The vehicle disposed of, but needing to be towed will be charged the vehicle disposal fee of $15.00 plus the tow fee (please call for tow fees).
- Next, you are responsible to hand carry the vehicle’s license plates, stamped copy of registration, and copy of the AF Form 190-IZ-R to the Vehicle Registration Main Office.
- For your convenience, we suggest that you make an additional copy of the AF Form 190-IZ-R to be kept with your records, in the case of accidental loss of paperwork, you will have this copy as backup proof of correct disposal.
It’s that easy, but if you have any questions please contact us!
Auto Recycling Center: CASH ONLY!