Choose Your Classes
- A liability form MUST be on file prior to registration; can be filled out online (emailed to RAC) and in person.
- Decide if you would like group/private/semi-private swim lessons.
- Upcoming swim lesson schedule information will be posted at our facility, Facebook page, and website.
- If your child has had NO swim lesson experience, they will start at Level 1. If you feel your child is above Level 1, then they will need an assessment. An assessment is NOT required for Level 1.
- Assessments are done the week of group registration. The assessment schedule will be posted the week prior to registration.
Group Swim Lesson Descriptions
- Group lessons will have 6-10 students depending on class level per 1 instructor.
- 4-week session: 2x a week – choice of either Tuesday/Thursday OR Wednesday/Friday.
- 2-week session: Every day, Tuesday-Friday, for two consecutive weeks.
Parent and Child Aquatics (PCA Levels 1 & 2: ages 6 mo.-3 yrs.)
Parent and Child Aquatics teaches safe behaviors around the water and develop swimming readiness by leading parents and children in water exploration activities with the objective of having fun and becoming comfortable in, on, and around water.
Preschool Aquatics (PSA Levels 1-3: ages 3-5 yrs)
Preschool Aquatics facilitates age-appropriate learning of fundamental water safety and aquatic skills.
Learn-to-Swim (LTS Levels 1-5: ages 6-15 yrs)
Learn-to-Swim consists of five comprehensive levels that teach children of varying ages and abilities how to swim skillfully and safely with confidence.
Adult Swim Lessons (Ages 15+)
In this class, you will learn the beginning basics (swimming strokes, tread water, etc.) to stroke refinement and water safety. This class adapts to the needs of the students and focuses on your confidence and success in the water.
Private/Semi-Private Lessons Descriptions
- Recommended for ages 3+
- Our certified instructors are able to tailor lessons based on your personal goals whether you are new to swimming or want to train for the swim team, they can help you.
- Semi-Private is for two individuals that are the same swim skill level and swim conduct.
- The 4x 45-minute sessions are not recommended for those 6 and under.
Keep in Mind
- If you plan on swimming before and/or after your scheduled swim lesson, you will need to pay the daily fee or use a month/year pass.
- Adult (18+) supervision is required during the swim lesson; need to be in the facility at all times.
- Please keep your household information updated in case we need to contact you about the swim lessons.
- It is normal to repeat levels. Every child learns at a different pace, and some of the skills may require more time to learn.
- Ask the instructor which skills your child should review in an effort to help them progress through the swim levels.