VAT FORM INFO
HOW DO YOU BUY A VAT FORM? Visit the VAT office and register for tax relief. Determine the type of tax relief purchase you need: Under 2,500 Euro Un-priced purchase orders
- You may acquire up to 10 forms at one time.
- The forms are valid for 2 years from issue.
- The forms may be used by authorized family members only.
Over 2,500 Euro Priced purchase orders
- You first need to obtain a cost estimate made out to the 86FSS tax relief office and customer
- The VAT Office will process the application, the German tax document (Abwicklungsschein) and the payment method that the vendor and customer select (e.g. certified US dollar or Euro check). All checks must be made payable to 86th FSS and the vendor.
*You then deliver the payment along with the purchase order to the German company to place the order. Pay the VAT office for the service you are purchasing.
- Deliver the orders and purchase payment to vendor.
- Ensure that the vendor and you complete, sign and date your transaction.
- The vendor keeps the German tax document (Abwicklungsschein) and one copy of the purchase order.
- The customer keeps the first carbon (pink copy) and the original (white copy) is returned to the VAT office.
NOTE If you purchase 10 VAT forms, you must return your used VAT forms before you will be able to purchase more. Only 10 VAT forms can be issued to a sponsor at once (this includes authorized family members). Never pay the VAT tax and then attempt the tax relief at a later date. This is against the law and in violation of US Forces tax relief policy.